The most shocking stats we heard at Retail Week Live 2021
Last week the Critizr UK team attended Retail Week Live. Not only did we have our #CritiTree where attendees could give praise to retailers, but we also hosted a Panel session with the winners from our Proud of My Store competition.
We also heard some interesting insights and statistics during the 2-day event, so we thought we’d give you a round-up of the best and most shocking statistics we heard.
The #CritiTree and our Panel Line up at Retail Week Live 2021
Statistics on sustainability and Societal Issues:
- 86% of people expect CEO’s to speak out on societal issues (1)
- There’s been a 71% rise in sustainability searches in products from consumers (2)
- A shocking 41% of companies claiming sustainability practices, were exaggerated, false or deceptive
-(1) Wind down with CEO’s - Linkedin
- (2) Bundl’s session on circular business models of the future
Statistics on delivery:
- 55% of consumers won’t purchase if delivery time isn’t indicated
- 76% expect transparent delivery costs
- 19% fear a product simply won’t turn up
- 73% want a predictable customer service response time
- ESW on the future of cross-border eCommerce
Statistics on the in-store experience:
- 56% think staff advice is the best thing about shopping in-store
- 28% think the look and touch is the best thing about shopping in-store
- 16% think the best thing about shopping in-store is avoiding the wait times for delivery
- 60% of customers feel an emotional connection to their favourite brands when shopping in-store… Compared to 38% who shop online.
- Trurating’s session on what consumers actually want when it comes to the in-store shopping experience)
Did you know, when store staff smile at customers, they spend 20% more?