- EN - Blog
- Customer Obsession
10 quotes from experts who say customers should be the centre of attention for businesses
More and more brands are starting to talk about the importance of customers and are trying to become ‘customer-centric’. This is true for the French restaurant company Flunch, with whom Critizr recently organised a business breakfast to discuss this topic.
Just for you, we have compiled a list of 10 quotes about customer relationships from CEOs and other business leaders of the world's largest companies. We hope these inspiring words will encourage you to develop a more customer-centric corporate culture.
1. Bill Gates, former CEO of Microsoft
"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
2. Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
"We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better."
3. Jonathan Lister, VP at LinkedIn
"As marketers, we should be changing the mantra from ‘always be closing’ to ‘always be helping."
4.Oli Gardner, Co-founder of Unbounce
"The customer isn't always right. But if you don't listen to them, your product won't be either."
5. Tony Hsieh, Co-founder of Zappos
"Customer service shouldn't be just a department; it should be the entire company. "
6. Kevin Stirtz, Strategy Manager at Thomson Reuters""Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them."
7. John Russell, former Vice President of Harley-Davidson
"The more you engage with customers, the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing."
8. Dharmesh Shah, Founder of HubSpot
"When you’re trying to make an important decision, and you're sort of divided on the issue, ask yourself: if the customer was here, what would she say?"
9. Ryan Holmes, Founder of HootSuite
"Building a successful brand isn't just about ROI; it's also about authentic relationships with people."
10. Bruce Ernst, Chief Product Officer of WorkplaceDynamics
"Your website isn't the center of your universe. Your Facebook page isn't the center of your universe. Your mobile app isn't the center of your universe. The customer is the center of your universe. "